Tuesday 4 September 2007

Sailing Away

Sob..sob..hubby is gone for the next 4 months till Christmas...forgive me,I need to whine because I cannot whine in front of him...waaaahhhhh..A few weeks before he went off, he started to ask me stuff like "so will you miss me when I am gone?" I will reply "but we don't have a choice" Well, actually we all had choices. He was asked to go on this trip and he could have not go but he choose to go because of his sense of duty. And me, I had a choice, I choose to marry this duty-bound man. So we choose to be away from each other for 4 months with sporadic access to phone and emails. This silly method of rationalizing makes me feel better. At least I can say that I bought this upon myself. Haha..

Well, to console myself, I can tell myself that at least, I am not alone juggling 2 kids while my husband is gone for the next 4 months or that I am not pregnant with a baby waiting to be born while daddy is away. Going to the sending off ceremony puts a lot of things in prespective, there are many other brave souls out there so I should not be whining. Well, there were mummies among those who went as well and their kids are so young.

Hopefully, everything will go fine and he will be back safe and sound by Christmas! Have hope and have lots of faith in the systems which our government spends tons of $$ on.

No comments: