Friday 15 June 2007

My First Facial

AT the grand old age of 27, I decided to go for my first facial...hmm...quite an event.

It all started when I came back from Laos and noticed that my skin is starting to look dead...well i am 27 and my skin is not repairing and regenerating itself fast enough anymore so I decided to give it additional help. I booked an appointment with my neighbourhood facial salon. (just in case, you decide to shriek in horror, it is a pretty decent place.)

I have delayed going for a facial till now because of all the horror stories I have heard, pain, pimple outbreak facial, unending demands by the beauticians to sign up for packages, etc...

It all started pretty well with the beautician massaging some cooling lotion onto my face followed by a scrub. I was falling into dreamland when the beautician said in Mandarin" I am going to start squeezing now, will be a bit painful..." High alert immediately! squeeze what...painful?? Being a facial virgin, I had no idea what she was talking about...she had to explain step-by-step what she was doing to do before I allowed her to touch my face again. It was painful! i was tempted to box her face at some point...

well, after this torturous process, the rest of the facial was mercifully relaxing with a face and shoulder massage and some collegen and ultrasound thingy....

My face did feel great after the facial but I guess i am not going to turn into Snow White after 1 Facial....

No comments: