Monday 4 June 2007

Taking things slowly

I have been unemployed for the past 1 week and guess what? I am enjoying it! Busy cookig up a storm for my friends and family. It is great to be able to take time to do this for everybody I love. Hope that no one got food poisoning. So far the reviews have been encouraging. Haha...

It is also good to spend some quality time with JM. We have been busy working and working. He had some off days last week so we got to spend days together, walking around, cooking and enjoying each other. Wonderful! And we are going to Laos and Penang next week, really looking forward to that. I love travelling FOR LEISURE. It is precious time off for us. I will be putting my nose back to the grinding stone when we are back. Determined to enjoy my precious freedom to the maximum, We will only reach Singapore on the day when I start work! Reach Woodland checkpoint at 7am and eport to my brandnew job at 9am...hopefully the bus doesn't break down.

On 21 June, I will be starting my new job as a conference producer. It is big challenge for me because it is a totally different job scope from what I have been doing so far. I I have to produce conferences from scatch. Given possible topics, I have to research, look for good speakers, write sales copies. Basically it is a research and sales job as opposed to coordination and logistics which i have always been doing. Hopefully, it turns to be good. So far so good, the people who interviewed me and the people whom I met in the office seem quite nice. Of couse they are kind enough to let to start work only on 21st June. More time to prepare myself mentally.

No comments: