Tuesday 10 April 2007

Bosses-people who can make or ruin your day

New workplace, new colleagues, new bosses. Maybe I have always been lucky, sheltered again the real big bad world. Maybe by tiny stroke of luck or fate, I have always had nice or at least amicable bosses. Maybe it is time I wake up and learn to stand up for myself. Maybe I am just too sensitive, scoldings or should i say, tanturms by bosses are just too common for others to feel anything.
The whole incident goes like this. I asked Miss North Korea a question over email regarding some project which we are working on. She scolded me for not consolidating all the questions which i need to ask her. I should ask her in a consolidated email since she is very very busy and does not have time to read all my emails. Prior to this, she did chide us in front of the entire company that we are not updating her enough. We should take the initiative to update her. Previously when I sent her the updates, they were ignored! For just one email which I innocently sent to her. Hrmmmm...
I don't understand why is her EQ so low? We are all colleagues! We see each other for so many hours everyday. It doesn't take too much effort to be nice, polite and civil to each other. Am I mistaken? The workplace is for war? I hope I am not. I shall have hope that I can change things.

No comments: