Tuesday 10 April 2007

McDonalds Junk or Comfort?

Me and Hub went to McDonalds to try the new egg bagel breakfast. Considering that I am not a bagel fan, the MacBagel actually taste quite good. It is not as dense as the real bagels you get in the Sates. The filling of eggs, tomatoes, onions and ham increases the yummy quotient tremendously! Proberly adapted to local taste. McDonald is great at doing that. Subtlely changing the flavours to adapt to local taste yet retaining the essence to make it feel original.
McDonalds is my all-time favourite food..not only fast food, it falls under the same category of comfort food like Chicken Rice aand Maggi Mee. Something I will want to eat when I am sick, when I am unhappy. Whenever I am overseas for long or alone, it s some food I will look out for, just to taste something familiar.
No doubt that it is something imported, it is something which I grew up with. The fillet o fish today taste the same as the one as the one I tasted as a six-year-old. It definately makes me happy whenever I eat it. It is a junk food I love! I am loving it!


No comments: